Monday, September 15, 2008

my place amongst the great unwashed

Assume for a moment that you are a 27 year old, single male who has more academic experience than anyone should, and frustratingly fewer challenges than any passionate, inspired, and articulate individual desires. In other words, let's say you're highly educated, but unemployed and bored. You are now me.

After years of describing "bloggers" as unemployed, over-educated, passionately displaced individuals who should be more productive in society - that I now realize (through an uncomfortable moment of introspection) that my seat has been reserved at their lunch table for some time. Yes, today I've become a blogger (... again).

I suppose I should begin with an overly simplified introduction...

Hi, my name is Ben.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Great, now I'm in here with you. Thanks for the pick-me-up. Crap.